IIT Mandi seeks applications from bright and dedicated young scholars interested in joining the full-time or part-time M.S./ Ph.D. program in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering (SCEE). For this purpose, SCEE seeks applications for the Master of Science (M.S) By Research and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs.
- Computer Science: Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Theoretical Computer Science, Algorithms and Data Structures, Compilers and Programming Languages, Distributed Algorithms, Image Processing, Internet of Things, Computer Graphics.
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Power Systems
- Signal Processing and Communication: Information Theory, Signal Processing, Wireless Communications, and Networking.
- VLSI: Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI design, Arithmetic Circuits, VLSI Technology, and design.
A candidate can appear in the selection forat most 2 areas out of the 5 areas above. Only the first two choices in the online form will be considered. Please select the preferred options while filling the online form.
For M.S. (By Research) Program
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Masters degree in appropriate Sciences (M.Sc) with a valid score in GATE/ NET or equivalent national level examination in appropriate discipline or GRE score (only for NRI/Foreign Candidates) or Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. by the research program of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both parts A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
For Ph.D. Program
Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technologywithagoodacademicrecordora Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology disciplines, with a good academic record or Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit with a valid GATE score or UGC/ CSIR-JRF/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. In the case of candidates with more than 5 years of relevant experience after the Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the Selection Committee.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The last date to apply online is June 30, 2020.
- Employed candidates seeking admission to MS/ Ph.D. must submit a“No Objection Certificate” from their current employer.
- Deadline for online application: 1 June 2020
- Tentative date for the announcement of shortlisted candidates: 16 June 2020
- Tentative date for written test and/or interview: 1 July or later (will be confirmed in due course.)
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in