Applications are now open for the Master of Science Programs at IIT Dharwad in the Department of Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.
The Institute offers a Master of Science (MS) by Research Programme in a wide range of areas in Engineering. The broad objectives of the MS program are: to keep pace with the expanding frontiers of knowledge and to provide research training relevant to the present social and economic objectives of the country.
The academic program leading to the MS degree is broad-based. It involves a minimum course credit requirement and a research thesis. The institute encourages courses as well as research activities in interdisciplinary areas by letting students have multiple research guides specialized in complementing disciplines.
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Teaching Assistantship (TA): Funded by MHRD, the TAs are expected to assist in the academic/administrative work for the smooth functioning of the Institute. Students under this category are entitled to financial support as per the MHRD norms.
- Project and Financial Assistantship: Funded from projects sponsored by industries and government funding agencies. Currently, there is a vacancy for one MS candidate, sponsored via an IMPRINT project, supported by MHRD.
- CSR Research Fellowships: Funded by corporates under the corporate social responsibility (CSR) scheme of the Government of India. Currently, there is a vacancy for one MS candidate, sponsored through CSR donations by Arista Networks Inc.
- External (EX): The candidates employed in recognized R&D organizations and desirous of pursuing M.S. program while continuing in employment may apply for admission as external candidates.
- B. Tech / B. E. in Computer Science and Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Electronics and Communications, Telecommunications, Communications, Instrumentation or allied streams.
- A valid GATE score in the relevant stream.
A Valid GATE score is essential for candidates applying in the TA category (except for candidates who have B.Tech. or equivalent degree from IITs or BS degree from IISc with minimum CPI/CGPA of 8.0 on the scale of 10).
Students who are in the final phase of receiving above mentioned qualifying degree and who are likely to graduate before the commencement of Autumn 2020 semester of IIT Dharwad are also eligible to apply. However, if offered, the admission to those candidates would be provisional. To join an academic program at IIT Dharwad, such candidates need to furnish necessary documents regarding the completion of the degree on the date of joining.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the M.S. program need to pay an online application fee of Rs. 200/-. Women candidates and SC/ST/PwD candidates need to pay an online fee of Rs. 100/- only.
The transaction details such as Reference No, Transaction Date and Name of the Account Holder have to be mentioned accurately in the application form. The contact number mentioned in the remarks/comments field of the online payment mechanism has to match with the one which will be entered while filling the application form.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is May 5, 2020.
For further details, click here.