Higher education is key to this mobility but, unfortunately, millions of students struggle to get into or through school due to financial constraints. MPower is tackling this pervasive issue by working with investors and universities to provide an innovative and forward-looking education financing product for students from around the world.
MPOWER’s mission is to support international students and their career aspirations. Our scholarships are just one of the many ways we fulfill our mission.
We know that many scholarships come with restrictions and entry fees that limit accessibility. MPOWER, therefore, created scholarships that are widely accessible to international students.
About MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship
At MPOWER, we believe that we’re not just expanding access to higher education. We’re also creating globally-minded, multi-lingual, culturally-competent graduates poised to take on the world’s most pressing problems in science, technology, business, and public policy!
In recognition of the extraordinary potential of these students, we’ve created the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship. We’ve intentionally designed this scholarship program to be as broad as possible to match the broad, diverse experiences of international students. And there’s no requirement to be an MPOWER borrower to apply!
Our signature scholarship program, the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship, awards up to $5,000 to international students at schools we support.
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable.
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant is either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant is either a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
How will the winners be selected?
Winners will be selected based solely on their essay submission. MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, a compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
What the Scholarship offers?
For the cycle ending July 15, 2019, we will be awarding one $5,000 grand prize scholarship to the most outstanding applicant worldwide, plus an additional four $3,000 regional scholarships. These regional scholarships will be awarded to one student from each of the following countries/regions: India, Asia (excluding India), Latin America/Caribbean, and Africa. (All awards are in US dollars and non-renewable.)
Note- One must have the visa by the closing date of this competition (July 15, 2019).
Phone No.: +91-974-099-3115 (India).
For full details, visit the official website by clicking here.