The ‘Think Equity, Think QGLP’ contest by Motilal Oswal is conducted as part of IIM-Ahmedabad’s Red Brick Summit.
In this contest, students of Business Schools have to form a team of 3 and apply the QGLP methodology (Quality, Growth, Longevity and Price) to pick the right stocks for investment.
- The details about the backdrop are given here.
- The details about the QGLP methodology is given here.
- Fully understand the QGLP stock-picking methodology.
- Apply the QGLP methodology to identify an equity stock worth investing in.
- Write out your stock recommendation in the prescribed QGLP presentation forma
- Submit your presentation to the contest person-in-charge in your B-school (every B-school will need to internally screen all entries and submit ONLY ONE final entry)
- From all the entries received, Motilal Oswal will shortlist the 10 best entries to participate in the contest finals to be held on Monday, 2nd October 2017, at IIM Ahmedabad’s ‘The Red Brick Summit’.
- Stock Pitch evaluation criteria:
- Applicability of QGLP principles
- Quality of idea
- Depth of analysis/insights
- Financial workings/model
- Presentation skills
- Q&A session
- Participation in the “Think Equity, Think QGLP” contest is open to any student currently pursuing MBA or equivalent degree at any Indian business school.
- Only one team (three members) entry per business school will be accepted.
- Every business school will need to internally screen entries and select the best team to participate in the contest. Motilal Oswal AMC will not be responsible for selection process followed and the team selected by the respective business schools.
How to submit entry
- All applications will need to submitted strictly in the format given in this PPT file.
- Email your application to thinkQGLP@motilaloswal.com along with the financial model in Excel
The top 3 teams will receive attractive cash prizes
- Winner: INR 5,00,000
- First runner-up: INR 2,00,000
- Second runner-up INR 1,00,000.
- All 10 teams will get a Certificate of Appreciation.
The presentations will be covered on CNBC TV18.
Note: The last date for submission of entries is September 11, 2017.
For any queries, send an email to thinkQGLP@motilaloswal.com.
For full details, please visit the official website link given here.