Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Program 2022 at Mumbai.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at 1585 Broadway in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
About the Internship
The Program begins with an induction to the Firm and the division, followed on-the-job training with a Buddy and Mentor assigned to each Intern. Training includes business-specific content, product and market overviews, current events, project work, professional skills training, community service and cross divisional networking events.
Placement and Duration
Interns are a part of the 2-month program, which includes an extensive development plan to expand their experience and exposure. Candidates are placed based on hiring needs and are matched to a specific role depending on their skills. Interns will have support and supervision from experienced Operations professionals throughout their assignments.
- Trade capture, Enrichment and Confirmation.
- Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade from deal capture to the final settlement.
- Reconciliation and Record keeping: Identify and resolve trading breaks from discrepancies dealing with security information, trading date and settlement date, executed quantity, taxes, commission, prices and settlement locations.
- Data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting, and documentation: preparation and compilation of daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards to ensure thorough business analysis.
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels to complete daily tasks, create best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis, issue follow up and escalation.
- Develop relationships with clients (i.e., Counterparties, Traders, Legal, Credit, Technology, Controllers, other functional teams ) to understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met, protect client confidentiality and address ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion.
- Support and develop risk policies and control framework with a view to minimize operational risk.
- Governance on tasks outsourced to vendors.
- Involvement in projects related to the job function.
- You must be willing to work in flexible shifts starting and ending between 6:30am and midnight.
- You have excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You pay close attention to detail, and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS office
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage multiple activities
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, accountability, ownership
- Shortlisted students from the online test will be required to be available for the virtual interview process with Morgan Stanley.
- Students will be further shortlisted based on personal rounds of interviews before we make the final offer.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.