Molecular magnetism is one of the most active areas of research in modern chemistry.
Molecule-based magnets comprise a class of materials which differ from conventional
The broader topic of molecular magnetism will be covered at IIT Indore and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar by an internationally renowned expert, Professor Richard Layfiled, Professor of Inorganic Chemistry in the School of Chemistry and Assistant Vice-Dean for Research in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, along with other faculty from the institute.
- Masters and PhD students from Chemistry, Physics, Material Science and
Engineering from different institutes across the country.
- Researchers in R&D laboratories.
- Faculty and academics interested in interdisciplinary research in design and
synthesis of molecular magnets.
- GNDU Amritsar: August 6-11
- IIT Indore: October 22-27
Application Fees :
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
• Academic Institutions: Rs 1,500/- per participant per course (for students), Rs
3,000/- per participant (for faculty).
• Participants from industry: Rs 20,000/- per participant for each course.
• Free for participants from host institutes.
How to apply:
In order to register for any course under GIAN, candidate will have to get registered first time to GIAN Portal of IIT Kharagpur using the following steps:
To create a login click here
A one-time registration of Rs. 500 is to be paid to proceed with registration for a course.
Download and print “pdf file” of your enrollment application form for your personal records and copy of the same to be sent to the Course Coordinator. If a participant is already registered with GIAN, he/she only needs to select the course .
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details :
Professor Geeta Hundal, Department of Chemistry
Centre for Advanced Studies, Guru Nanak Dev University
Amritsar 143 005
Phone: +91 0183 22558803 – 3196
Mobile: +91 9501114469
For more information, please visit the official brochure given here.