Molecular Biology Workshop for Undergraduates at IISER Pune [Nov 1-3]: Registrations Open!
Molecular Biology is one of the most exciting branches of science in the 21st century. On one hand, it has significantly advanced our knowledge of how life works at the level of molecules and has proved invaluable for almost every branch of experimental biology. On the other hand, molecular biology techniques serve as the foundations of biotechnology which in turn has applications ranging from modern medicine (e.g., gene therapy and molecular medicine) to ecology and conservation biology.
More critically, many such students actually get to do these experiments for the first time either during their projects or directly on the job, where they are often expected to learn these techniques on their own or under minimum supervision. Some are able to cope, many can not.
- Only 10-12 students per workshop.
- Two full-time, highly qualified instructors.
- Teacher: Student Ratio of 1:5, ideal for such practicals.
- All experiments to be done by every student.
- Exposure to the basics of the theory behind the experiments.
- Exposure to basic bioinformatics (BLAST).
- Materials given include all experimental protocols.
- plasmid DNA extraction, Gel Electrophoresis
- Primer Designing, PCR
- Restriction Digestion, Ligation
- Competent Cell Preparation and Transformation
- Clone Analysis and Confirmation
- Basic Bioinformatics:
- BLAST, In silico plasmid editing
Who can Apply?
- Students enrolled in Bachelors/Masters (or equivalent) or first two years of an Integrated Ph.D. program.
- Anybody who has finished a Bachelors’s degree but is not necessarily currently enrolled in a course.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.