Submissions are invited for Veer Gatha Project for School students for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 20 November.
About Veer Gatha Project
To honour the acts of bravery and sacrifice of the officers / personnel of the Armed Forces, other lawfully constituted forces and civilians, gallantry awards are announced twice in a year – first on the occasion of the Republic Day and then on the Occasion of the Independence Day.
In order to disseminate the details of bravery acts and the life stories of these brave-hearts among the students, it has been proposed by the Ministry of Defence that school students may be motivated to do projects/activities based on gallantry award winners. Accordingly, the Veer Gatha Project is being organized from 21st October to 20th November 2021. The Project shall be open for all schools in all states and Union Territories as well as all schools affiliated to CBSE.
Topics & Categories
|Categories||Activity/ Entry in the form of the following:||Suggestive Topic|
|Classes 3rd to 5th||Poem/Paragraph (150 words)/Painting||If I had been_________(Name of the Gallantry Award Winner), what would I have done for my nation?Or|
______________(Name of the Gallantry Award Winner)
motivates me to_______
|Classes 6th to 8th||Poem/Paragraph (300 words)/Painting/ Multi Media Presentation(Enactment Video)|
|Classes 9th to 10th||Poem/Essay (750 words)/Painting/ Multi Media Presentation(Enactment Video)|
|Classes 11th to 12th||Poem/Essay (1000 words)/Painting/ Multi Media Presentation(Enactment Video)|
|Dates||States & UTs|
|21st October to 20th November 2021.||Conduct of Activities at the School Level: Schools shall themselves conduct the activities on the above topics.|
|1st November to 30th November 2021*||As soon as the conduct of activity is complete at the school level,|
NON-CBSE Schools shall select 01 entry per category, a total of 04 from each school, and upload on MyGov portal
|1st December to 13th December 2021||Evaluation of entries submitted by Schools to be done by SCERTs. Rubrics are given at Annexure I.SCERTs will give the best entries for the National Level Evaluation as per the list at Annexure II.SCERTS will need to confirm the genuineness and originality of the entry being given for the national level selection through telephonic/video call interview or any other mode as appropriate.|
|14th December to 30th December 2021||National level Evaluation will be done by a National Level Committee appointed by MoE|
- CBSE Schools: CBSE-Veer Gatha Project Portal at www.cbse.gov.in
- Schools other than those affiliated to CBSE States and Union Territories: MyGov Portal
- Students whose entry is uploaded at the Portal (CBSE/MyGov) will get an E-Certificate of Participation.
- 25 selected entries will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- by the Ministry of Defence.
- Each of the 25 winners will be invited for Republic Day Celebration at Delhi.
- This is applicable for Nodal Officers of Non-CBSE Schools only. Please keep the UDISE code of the school along with all the other details of the school ready before applying.
- Multiple entries in same category from a school are not allowed.
- Click on ‘Submit Now’ link, this will open new page for entering Personal Details of the School.
- After filling Personal Details of the School, click on submit / Next button. This will open the page for making the class-wise submissions of Poem / Paragraph / Essay / painting / Multi-Media Presentation (whichever applicable).
- Entries can be uploaded in JPEG / PDF Formats only. Nodal officers of schools are advised to convert all selected entry files in JPEG / JPEG format prior to uploading on MyGov portal
- In case, no submission is to be made in any of the entries, it is supposed to be left blank.
- At last click on “Submit” Button to finally submit application
- Please ensure the student details are accurate prior to making the final submission. Once final Submission is made, it cannot be edited.
You may also be interested in: