About the Organiser
Model Obaly a.s., (after referred to as “Model” or “Promoter”) announces a competition for designers Model Young Package 2019. The guarantor and organizer of the competition is CZECHDESIGN.CZ, z.s. (after referred to as “CZECHDESIGN” or “Organiser”), an organization that promotes design into practice.
About the Competition
Over the past twenty years the Model Young Package competition has been giving an opportunity to hundreds of designers all around the world to present their original ideas. A lot of young designers who won in the past have later become respected professionals.
the competition is organized internationally and is the largest competition of its kind in the world. Each year, almost a thousand designers from over 60 countries worldwide sign-up. The jury of experts evaluates the artworks that must be delivered physically as functional prototypes in 1:1 scale.
The Model Young Package is a competition focused on paper products. We accept prototypes of packaging made of corrugated or smooth cardboard and other paper materials. The aim of the competition is to select winning designs (artworks) that best meet the assignment. For particularly successful designs, the Promoter can approach the author for completion and realization of the design for production.
The theme of the competition is ‘Unboxing Experience’.
- The competition is announced as international, one-round, open and anonymous.
- Competitors can subscribe to the following categories:
- High schools – Students of secondary schools and colleges
- Unlimited – University students and designers of any age
- Participant’s artwork will be accepted if they have previously registered via the online registration form.
- The contestant submits their artwork as a functional model in a measuring scale of 1:1, the work must be a functional prototype, if it is openable, it must be able to open.
- The model must be made in high quality with consideration of the possibility of representation and exhibition purposes.
- The competitor does not attach any portfolio to their work, only the packaging will be included in the evaluation.
- The work submitted only in the form of a sketch on a CD or in a portfolio are excluded from the evaluation
The artwork is sent by a delivery service packed in such manner that it will not suffer any damage, therefor in a reasonably large box or envelope where it is secured. The competitor will write the code of their work on the envelope or package!
The artwork must be submitted at the post office no later than the deadline of the competition (it is decided by the date of the stamp from the post office).
- THE ARTWORK IS SENT TO THE ORGANISER OF THE COMPETITION
CZECHDESIGN, Vojtěšská 3, 110 00, Prague 1, Czech Republic
The artwork may also be handed in person, but only on the closing date between 14:00 and 18:00 at the same address.
- Notification for customs office
On the parcel must be stated a declaration for the customs office:
This is an item sent to the international competition Model Young Package and its value for customs purposes is a maximum of EUR 10.
The competitor registers into the competition via an online form, which is placed on the website of the competition (young-package.com). Here the competitor will fill in the contact details and a description of the artwork submitted. The description of the artwork will be available to the jury for the evaluation.
After successful registration, competitors will recieve a code by e-mail which must be written directly on the work (in the most elegant way) and on the envelope or packaging in which the artwork will be sent!
In the case of multiple authors the work is registered only once; there is space reserved for all authors in the registration form. In the case of multiple entries from one author, each entry must be registered separately.
There is no entry fee. Costs for the artwork and postage are paid by the participant. The artwork does not return to the contestants and it remains in the archive of the Promoter.
- Unlimited Category
- 1st place 2000 EUR (approx. Rs. 2L)
- 2nd place 1200 EUR (approx. Rs. 95K)
- 3rd place: 800 EUR (approx. Rs. 64K)
- High Schools Category
- 1st place 1200 EUR (approx. Rs. 96K)
- 2nd place 600 EUR (approx. Rs. 48K)
- 3rd place: 400 EUR (approx. Rs. 32K)
- Special prizes will also be awarded:
- Innovation center Model Obaly Prize
- CZECHDESIGN Prize
One winner will receive a 3-week paid internship at the Innovation center Model Obaly.
Competition Deadline: 20th May 2019
Award ceremony: September 2019
MgA. Michaela Holubec Birtusová
Phone: +420 773 541 673
Email Id: email@example.com
To view Brochure, click here.