Computational techniques have become an essential part to solve the engineering problems. Numerical and optimization techniques are important computational tools for conducting research and development in engineering sciences.
The proposed short term course presents traditional as well as advanced numerical and optimization methods. It also highlights successful applications in various real areas.
The course modules are framed for the participants with or without a strong background in the field. The prime objective of the short term course is to familiarize the participants with basic as well as state of the art of theory and applications of numerical and optimization techniques.
- Numerical techniques: General numerical methods, FDM (Finite difference), FEM (Finite element)
- Optimization techniques: Constrained and unconstrained optimization with linear and nonlinear programming methods, multiobjective and Goal Programming
- Soft-computing: ANN, Fuzzy and GA, NSGA, Hybrid Intelligent methods
- Fuzzy optimization: Multi-objective and goal programming
- Labs: Labs on Numerical, optimization and soft computing techniques based on MATLAB and LINGO programmes;
- Case studies and demonstrations of applications.
- Professional: 6000/-
- Faculty: 5000/-
- Students: 2000/- (Research Scholar)
- 1000/- (UG/PG/M.Tech)
The registration fee of selected participant must be paid by DD in favour of “NOT 2017”, MNNIT Allahabad, registration fee may be transferred electronically through NEFT/RTGS with intimation to coordinator(s).
Scanned copy of the filled form may be emailed to coordinator(s) in advance. Registration fee includes Tea, Lunch and Registration Kit.
- Last Date of receipt of Application: 8th Sept. 2017
- Notification for selection: 11th Sept. 2017
Application and other documents should be mailed to:
Dr. R. M. Singh, Coordinator, NOT-2017
Department of Civil Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
Allahabad -211004, India
Phone: + 91-9839506133, 9336146896, 9435309635
Find the application form and other details here.