The purpose of this short term course is to provide the students with solid foundations in the basic concepts of programming: data structures and algorithms. The main objective of the course is to teach the students how to select and design data structures and algorithms that are appropriate for problems that they might encounter. This course offers the students a mixture of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
The course will contain following topics:
- Basic Linear Data Structures (Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue)
- Basic Non Linear Data Structures
- Binary Tree, Balanced Trees, Optimal Binary Search Tree, M-ary Tree
- B-tree, B+ tree
- Hash Table, Dictionary
- Sorting and Searching
- Greedy Algorithms
- Divide-and-Conquer based algorithms
- Dynamic Programming
- Flow in Networks
- String Matching
- NP-Hard and NP-Complete class of problems
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The primary audience would be UG and PG Students of educational institutions. It is also open for faculty members and research scholars.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: May 31st, 2017.
- Course Commences on 19th June.
To register for this course the applicants will have to pay fees in advance as per the following details:
- Industry/Faculty Personnel: Rs 6000/-
- Research Scholars/ PG Students/UG Students: Rs 4000/-
Registration fee can be submitted through Demand draft or NEFT.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Complete registration form, accompanied by the demand draft should reach the course coordinator on or before 31st May, 2017. The applicants are also requested to e-mail a scanned copy of the application.
The contact details are:
Dr. Shashank Srivastava, Co-ordinator DSA-2017
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad,
For any further information / assistance you may contact following student co-ordinators:
Mr. Ashutosh Singh–09335094856 (email@example.com)
Mr. Manish Gupta – 09457815321
Note: Please write the name of the course (DSA-2017) on top of the envelope
For further details, please see the official course brochure here.