As part of the celebration of Statistics Day on 29th June, 2018, the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) will organize an essay writing competition on subjects relevant to the Statistics. Ministry Statistics Programme Implementation Essay Writing Competition The interested Post-Graduate students currently studying in recognized universities/colleges/institutes are invited to participate in ‘On the Spot Essay Writing Competition- 2018’.
- Two topics of essay would be given on the spot. The essay should be written on one of the given topics in about 5000 words in three hours.
- Each eligible candidate will be asked through a separate communication to come to the nearest Regional/Sub-Regional Office of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) for writing the essay.The list of the Regional/Sub-Regional Offices may
be seen on the Ministry’s website, here.
- The candidates should submit their application in two copies (Original + Photocopy) in the prescribed format: through the Head of the Department of the College/ University/Institute and submit the same to the Director, Training Unit, Central Statistics Office, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, 3rd Floor, Wing-C, Pushpa Bhawan, Madangir Road, New Delhi– 110062 through ordinary/speed post.
- The last date for the receipt of applications will be 15th February, 2018.
- The winners are given certificates along with cash prize as given below:
First Prize ₹ 15,000/-
Second Prize (2 numbers) @ ₹ 12,000/- (each)
Third Prize (3 numbers) @ ₹ 10,000/- (each)
Consolation prizes (5 numbers) @ ₹ 5,000/- (each)
The winners of the competition will be invited to a function to be organized in New Delhi to receive the prizes.
- The application form is here.
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
Central Statistics Office
3rdFloor, Wing – C, Pushpa Bhawan
Madangir Road, New Delhi–110062.