As part of the celebration of Statistics Day on 29th June, 2019, the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) will organize an essay writing competition on subjects relevant to the Statistics. The interested Post-Graduate students currently studying in recognized universities/colleges/institutes are invited to participate in ‘On the Spot Essay Writing Competition 2019’.
The Competition will be held on 24th February, 2019 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
Details of the competition are as given below:
- Two topics of essay would be given on the spot. The essay should be written on one of the given topics in about 5000 words in three hours.
- Each eligible candidate will be asked through a separate communication to come to the nearest Regional/Sub-Regional Office of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) for writing the essay. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the competition. The list of the Regional/Sub-Regional Offices may be seen on the Ministry’s website.
- The essays will be evaluated by a Committee constituted by MoSPI on the basis of contents, originality of ideas, sequence of presentation and writing skills. The list of winners will be published on Ministry’s website. The winners will also be notified in writing.
The winners are given certificates along with cash prize as given below:
- First Prize: INR 15,000/-
- Second Prize (2 numbers): INR 12,000/- (each)
- Third Prize (3 numbers): INR 10,000/- (each)
- Consolation prizes (5 numbers): INR 5,000/- (each)
The winners of the competition will be invited to a function to be organized by MoSPI to receive the prizes on 29th June, 2019.
How to Apply:
The candidates should submit their application in two copies (Original + Photocopy) in the prescribed format through the Head of the Department of the College/ University/Institute to the Deputy Director, Training Unit, Central Statistics Office, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, 3 rd Floor, Wing-C, Pushpa Bhawan, Madangir Road, New Delhi–110062 through ordinary/speed post.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.