Applications are invited for the Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2021-2022.
About the Scholarship
To encourage international students and individuals to undertake Mandarin study in Taiwan, the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China (Taiwan) establishes a “Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship” program, which provides study opportunities for the Mandarin language at university or college-affiliated Mandarin training centres in Taiwan.
Maximum to twelve months (According to the course terms applicant apply for, and it is determined by TECC.) Annual award periods are from September 1st 2021 through August 31st 2022. Recipients must arrive in Taiwan and start Mandarin course at their admitting universities/colleges within the prescribed period. If recipients fail to arrive in Taiwan for a Mandarin course during this period, their award will be revoked with no deferrals.
A stipend of NT$25,000 [approximately US$890, i.e. Rs.64,792 (1$=72.8rs) ]is to be offered to a recipient by month.
An applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Over 18 years old,
- Possess senior high school diploma or above and be of good moral character,
- Does not have the status of an overseas Chinese student,
- Is not a current student in Taiwan,
- Is not an exchange student in Taiwan at the time of receiving a HES scholarship,
- Is not a current recipient of a scholarship or subsidy offered by Taiwan government or institution in Taiwan
Paper Review and TECC will choose some of the applicants to join the interview.
How to Apply?
- Applicants have to apply online for the scholarship by visiting the link provided here. All supporting documents have to be scanned and uploaded in the format specified on the website for each item. After document review, if required by TECC, applicants have to submit the hardcopy of the documents to the office.
- The application period is from Feb 1st through March 31st.
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Center reserves the right without giving notice to the applicants to reallocate the scholarship durations for recipients.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A completed application form.
- Photocopy of passport or other nationality certificates.
- Photocopy of the highest-level diploma and a complete grade transcript.
- Supporting admission application material
March 31, 2021
For more details, click the link below.