The Mathematics Training and Talent Search (MTTS) program is one of the most popular and signiﬁcant training programs in India. This program has been running since 1993 and has made an impressive impact on the mathematical scene in the country.
The aim of the program is to expose bright young students to the excitement of doing mathematics, to promote independent mathematical thinking and to prepare them for higher aspects of mathematics.
There will be courses in Foundations, Linear Algebra, and Real Analysis. The faculty will be active mathematicians with a commitment to teaching and from various leading institutions. The aim of the instructions is not to give routine lectures but to stimulate the participants to think and discover mathematical results.
Who can Apply?
Second-year undergraduate students with Mathematics as one of their main subjects. Exceptionally bright ﬁrst year students also may apply. Students from Maharashtra/neighboring states will be given preference.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- At the time of registration, the students should produce a bonaﬁde certiﬁcate from their institution and undertaking form.
- Only selected candidates will be informed of their selection by 12th January 2020.
- The list of selected candidates will also be posted on the MTTS webpage.
- Candidates selected for the program will be paid train/bus fare by the shortest route.
- Limited accommodation for selected outstation participants will be provided.
- Signed application form with a recommendation of the teacher should reach the local co-ordinator: 5th January 2020.
- Date of publishing selection list: 12th January, 2020.
- Conﬁrmation of selected students should reach the local coordinator (by email) by 17th January 2020.
- Programme dates January 27th – February 1st, 2020.
Phone Number: 022 2576 946 5
Email ID: email@example.com