Mindscreen Film Institute is launching a one-year certificate course in Acting created by the acclaimed actor in the Indian Film industry, Mr. Nassar which starts in September 2017.
While preparing students for films, television, theatre, and voice-over, the course teaches script interpretation, characterization, diction, basic techniques, movement, observation, improvisation, role analysis, technique of makeup and basic ideas about costumes. Students are also guided in auditioning, compiling a portfolio and creating a comprehensive show reel.
This program is designed for individuals who desire to achieve a position in Film & Television but want to focus exclusively on acting, with a concentration on acting for film. Classes include Scene Study, Meisner Technique, Acting for Film, Voice and Movement, Monologues, Improvisation, Audition Technique and Stage Combat. In addition to the course work, students perform projects, both on-camera and on stage.
A Repertory will be started by Mindscreen Film Institute in which the students of Acting will organize events to showcase their talent on stage regularly among the invitees from Media and public.
Skills learned as a result of successful completion of this program include:
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a high-pressure creative environment
- In-depth knowledge, experience with the art and craft of acting for film and television
- Experience with multiple modern and classical approaches to performance, script interpretation, and character formation
- Understanding the avenues for exposure using new media
- Ability to act confidently in front of the camera
Mr. Nassar, will be spearheading the course along with Mr. Thalaivasal Vijay, Ms. Kalairani, Mr. Venkataraman Balakrishnan, Mr. Regin Rose, Mr. Varun Aiyer and other experienced faculties.
MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE (MFi), No: 4, Ranga Lane, Off Dr. Ranga Road,
Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004
Ph: +91 044 4210 8682 / 2499 6417, Mobile: +91 9841612595