Millennium Fellowship by the United Nations Academic Impact [Leadership Development Program]: Apply by May 20
The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN proudly present the Millennium Fellowship. The Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program on your campus to take your social impact to the next level. Access to world class training, connections, and recognition is just an application away. Below is the three-step process to apply:
How the Program Works
Step 1: Apply (as soon as you can) to become a Millennium Fellow.
Note that each selected campus hub will typically have 8-20 Millennium Fellows (meaning you are strongly encouraged to invite your colleagues and classmates on your campus to apply as well).
Step 2: Convene, Challenge, and Celebrate.
In Fellowship sessions (a minimum of 8 convenings between August and November), Millennium Fellows convene on their respective campuses. During these sessions, Campus Directors will lead you through the MCN Action Toolkit – an adaptive curriculum to help you reflect on core values, hone skills, and take informed action for UN goals. The curriculum is experiential – it is meant to be applied to help you grow as a leader in real-time as you manage your Project. As a campus hub, you will get exposed to a variety of elements during the Fellowship sessions as part of the the MCN Action Toolkit:
- cultivating core values (empathy, humility, inclusion).
- honing hard skills (how to write a budget, create SMART goals).
- honing soft skills (team management, pitching your Project).
- peer to peer feedback – sharing best practices to help each other overcome obstacles to your Project and exploring further opportunities for collaboration.
Join over 6,000+ MCN alumni to date and build a career with social impact. See here for some examples of what alumni have gone on to do. The best alumni stay involved:
- Continuing to share the long-term impact of this program on your work and career trajectory to inspire leaders younger than you to join.
- Building a robust campus hub to ensure future Millennium Fellows can participate, recruiting other students to become Millennium Fellows, and returning as guest speakers and mentors for future classes.
- Final deadline: May 20, 2019
- All selected Millennium Fellows and Campus Directors will be notified on July 15. Campus Directors will begin training from July 15 – July 30.
- The Millennium Fellowship offically begins on August 1. A Town Hall will be held on Septermber 5th conveneing the entire class.
How to Apply?
The Millennium Fellowship is accepting Round 1 applications from undergraduate students worldwide. Apply here.
After reviewing Round 1, you will receive a decision via email. Selected applicants will receive the link to begin Round 2.
About the Author