Applications are invited for the Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech 2021.
The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech is a global competition for innovative solutions to increase economic value to farmers, from seed to sale. Winning teams will increase net economic value to small and medium-sized farms by:
- Developing innovative technology solutions for any stage of the food system, from seed to sale
- Designing a viable business model
- Increasing farm productivity and/or decreasing post-harvest loss
Focus of the Programme
The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech addresses the problems faced by farmers on small to medium-sized farms in Africa. Many small and medium-sized farms in Africa face two large challenges to realizing the full economic value of the crops they plant.
First, they suffer from low agricultural productivity as compared to larger firms, and second, they face significant post-harvest crop loss on their way to market. Winning teams must provide increased net economic value to the farmer by any combination of improved yield, reduced loss, and decreased costs.
The prize will incentivize scalable AgriTech solutions, cultivate and support a global community of entrepreneurs, and source global data-driven insights.
The winning team will receive a $1 million grand prize, with $1 million in additional prizes.
Many entrepreneurs lack the information and tools they need to bring their invention to life. In addition to the chance to win cash prizes, the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program provides a rich set of opportunities for entrepreneurs.
Online Community: Simply complete the free prize registration process and you will join an online community of other entrepreneurs. The prize portal will give you access to:
- Team matchmaking
- Resources for entrepreneurs
- Online training and help desk
Certificate Program: Teams will receive a 12-week experiential learning program powered by the Stanford Center for Professional Development Idea to Market curriculum. Upon completion of the program, teams will receive a Certificate of Completion:
- Stanford Center for Professional Development Certificate of Completion
- Mentoring from industry experts
- Pitch and feedback sessions
Alumni Network: Winning teams will join the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program alumni network following prize completion, with access to:
- Data Analysis
- Networking opportunities
- Anyone is eligible to register regardless of age, geographic location*, or any other factor. If someone has a great idea, they can participate.
- Minors will require someone of the majority age to sign legal documents on the team’s behalf.
- Both rounds will be judged by a selection of global experts in technology innovation and in the production, management, processing, marketing, and/or distribution of crops by small and medium-sized farms.
- The judges and their representatives will be independent of the teams, the sponsor, and the Milken Institute and will have no conflicts of interest with any of those parties.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
Dec 31, 2021
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: