Applications are invited for Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund 2022 for the year 2022. The last date of application is 12 June.
About the Fund
Our $1 billion investment initiative to accelerate technology development and deployment of new climate innovations through equity and debt capital.
We’ll focus on areas such as direct carbon removal, digital optimization, advanced energy systems, industrial materials, circular economy, water technologies, sustainable agriculture, and business strategies for nature-based markets.
- Climate impact: Meaningful, measurable climate solutions in the areas of carbon, water, waste, and ecosystems.
- Underfunded markets: Investing where the capital need for climate solutions is not being met.
- Shared alignment: Technologies that are relevant to Microsoft’s core business and that of our customers.
- Climate equity: Ensuring developing economies and underserved communities benefit from climate solutions.
Focus Areas/ Eligibility
The primary focus of the Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund is to:
- Invest in emerging climate technology solutions that have early commercial traction and need capital to scale in the market
- Provide project financing to bring existing climate solutions to scale
- Invest directly in companies, with opportunities to:
- Scale new innovative solutions in the market
- Demonstrate the viability of new technologies
- Partner with other investors to meet the world’s climate objectives
The Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund does not have a mandate to:
- Provide grants or donations
- Lead an investment round
- Take a majority ownership stake in a fund or company
- Fund publicly traded companies
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
You may also be interested in: