About the Program
Solar energy technology use is expanding rapidly. The Solar Photovoltaic (PV) sector is the largest and fastest-growing renewable energy employer worldwide with an increasing need for experts that can support this growth.
In this MicroMasters program, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in the solar energy field and become a successful solar energy professional. This program will teach you what is expected from solar experts and will prepare you for employment in various capacities including:
- Systems design and engineering
- Solar systems installation
- Device fabrication and characterization
- QA and reliability testing
- Project management and consultancy as well as (technical) sales
The program includes diverse learning activities, including videos, readings, exercises, and real-world applications. You will be guided through the content in an inspiring, hands-on, but rigorous manner. It is designed so knowledge is built gradually. We, therefore, recommend that students follow the courses in the suggested order. However, you may choose to enroll in any course of your choice based on your background knowledge or experience.
The program is taught by photovoltaics research experts from TU Delft with many years of experience working with industry partners.
What you will learn?
- The physics of and how to model all aspects of a working solar cell: performance, efficiency limits, and design rules.
- Design concepts and fabrication processes of various photovoltaic (PV) technologies and applications.
- How to evaluate components of a PV system: PV modules, inverters, DC-DC converters, batteries, charge controllers, and cables.
- Application techniques for designing a PV system ranging from a residential rooftop system to a utility-scale solar farm.
- Design concepts of microgrids that include PV systems.
- How to assess the economics and ecology of PV systems and communicate these accordingly.
1 year 1 month
9 – 10 hours per week
To enroll in this program, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.