About the Course
Accountants with deep financial expertise, business acumen, real-world experience, decision-making ability, and effective communication skills are vital to businesses of all sizes and have tremendous career opportunities. This MicroMasters® program in Accounting is designed for smart, hardworking students with integrity and passion who want to substantially enhance their understanding of accounting.
The program curriculum includes courses in the three most fundamental areas of accounting: financial accounting, managerial accounting, and income taxes. Learn from world-renowned, award-winning accounting faculty at the top-ranked Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. The MicroMasters program will introduce you to the following key areas in the accounting profession:
- Financial Reporting I – How do firms measure and report the financial position and financial performance in a set of financial statements?
- Managerial Accounting and Corporate Control – How do firms make critical strategic decisions using accounting information?
- Taxes and Decision Making – How do income taxes impact firms, their strategies, capital structure, and after-tax profits?
The three graduate-level courses in the MicroMasters program represent 30% of the coursework in the online Master of Science in Accounting from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University offered on the edX platform.
What you will learn?
- What information do firms measure and report in a wide array of transactions, events, and arrangements in balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows?
- What are key elements of financial reporting, such as revenues, expenses, gains and losses, net income, assets, liabilities, and owners’ equity?
- How do firms develop and use key internal information such as product costs, cost allocations, customer profitability, budgets, and planning to execute and control firm strategy?
- How do income taxes impact firms? How do firms measure and report taxable income and taxes payable? And how do firms strategically plan for and manage the impact of taxes on profitability?
- Accounting standards, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
₹97,902 For the full program experience
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.