About the Course
Information systems and technologies are becoming increasingly integral to success as businesses transform themselves into digitally-enabled organizations. The MicroMasters® program in information systems is designed to provide an overview of the foundational capabilities that form the digital core along with the digital technology strategy that focuses on creating value at the frontiers of business and technology.
This MicroMasters program will help you gain expertise as follows:
- Understanding structured transactional data and known questions along with unknown, less-organized questions that are enabled by raw/external datasets in the data lakes. Some of the topics will include data strategy and data governance; relational databases/SQL; data integration; master data management; and big data technologies.
- The foundational cloud capability supports the need for agility, scale and operating flexibility that is needed to create more adaptable digital businesses. Some of the topics covered will include network and application architecture; virtualization; cloud computing models; deployment on the cloud; and the internet of things (IoT).
- In developing the digital ecosystem, value will be premised in the utility that is created by strategically infusing business with digital technologies. Some of the topics covered will include blockchain and distributed trust; artificial intelligence and robotic process automation; business analytics and machine learning for digital information; managing IT investments; AGILE for digital transformation; and digital resiliency, security, and risk management.
What you will learn?
- How to unlock business value using information systems/digital technologies
- How to think about information systems/digital technologies from the perspective of a CEO, Chief Information Officer, or a member of the executive suite
- From the perspective of a business professional, how to structure, manage, and leverage data and systems in support of business goals
- How to leverage cloud technologies to support business outcomes
Courses in the Program
- Enterprise Data Management
- Digital Technology and Innovation
- Digital Ecosystem Infrastructure
For full details and online application, click the below link.
MicroMaster Program in Information Systems