About the Program
The Business and Professional Communications for Success program will provide learners with the essential knowledge of effective business communications to aid in their company’s success. Learners will create appropriate business messages through business letters and messaging and apply proper business communications techniques and business writing techniques. Learners will examine the basics of business communication while working in diverse business environments with diverse team members. This program also examines the various types of business presentations in the work environment. It allows learners to apply their knowledge to create and present their work for internal and external communication.
Course 1, Business Communication – The Basics, learners will engage with the fundamentals of business communication. Learners will discover different communication styles and how to address them in a business setting. Learners will also assess their listening styles and emotional intelligence, and both can affect their communication skills.
Course 2, Business Writing Techniques, will expand on the different communication styles of business writers. We will discuss business writers’ best practices by providing real-world scenarios and applications such as proofreading and rewriting. Learners will examine how to use the 6 C’s to enhance their business messages. Learners will also discuss the proper etiquette of business writing and examine the use of emoji in business communications.
Course 3, Professional Business Presentations, will dive into the world of presenting information both in written and verbal form using presentation templates or creating from scratch. This course discusses how to effectively create high-quality presentations with proper formatting, design elements (color scheme, layout, etc.), and organization. The learner will identify the appropriate presentation format and software for their audience. Learners will have the opportunity to utilize the skills gained to create an engaging PowerPoint presentation. Learners will also use their skills to create a professional handout with infographics and record a video presentation, graded by staff, as part of their final project in the course.
What you will learn
- Define communication
- Examine the communication principles
- Identify the Communication Model
- Identify ways to effectively listen
- Identify their communication style
- Examine Emotional Intelligence and its use in communication
- Identify Parts of a business letter
- Examine the 6 C’s for business messages
- Evaluate Direct Vs. Indirect messages
- Examine the use of emojis in the business setting
- Evaluate the organizational steps of a presentation
- Examine various supporting materials for presentations
- Evaluate and discuss various presentation software
- Examine design principles for presentations
- Discuss storytelling for presentations
- Develop a presentation
- Present via video a polished presentation
To enroll in this program, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.