New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are prestigious scholarships that recognise New Zealand’s history and ties to the Commonwealth. Our Commonwealth Scholarships are part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) – an international programme under which Commonwealth countries offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commwealth states.
The purpose of the scholarships is set out in the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan with key principles to promote mutual cooperation and share educational experience among all Commonwealth countries be available across the Commonwealth recognise and promote the highest level of intellectual achievement.
NZ Commonwealth Scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development programme. They are managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).
Post Graduates/ Ph.D are eligible for this scholarship.
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are available postgraduate qualifications:
- Master’s Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (up to 3.5 years)
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit their paper applications to their country’s ‘Nominating Agency’ first.
- The Nominating Agency then ‘nominates’ two applicants from the submitted applications to send to the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Fill New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Application Form. Click here for form.
- Complete all sections of the application form, and make sure you have attached the additional documents required.
- Send your completed Application Form to your country’s nominating agency.
- All shortlisted candidates will be assessed, interviewed and undergo reference checks through the New Zealand Scholarships office.
Note: any applications received directly from applicants will not be considered.
- Verified copy of passport
- Verified copy of birth certificate.
- Verified copy of other official government issued ID.
- Verified copies of relevant academic transcripts.
- Verified copies of relevant completion certificates.
- Contact details of most recent employer and two most relevant other employers (this does not apply to School Leaver applicants).
- A non-verified copy of an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) or an original copy of a TOEFL test result form.
- Last Date of Application: Mar 28
- Candidates Nominated: May, 2018
- Final Result: Oct 2018