Commonwealth Scholarship Programme in the United Kingdom, initiated by Ministry of Human Resource Development under Government of India, invite online application for Indian national for the 2018 Commonwealth Scholarship Tenable in the United Kingdom for the Master’s & Doctoral degree programme. The study will commence in September/October 2018.
- Application from Indian national residing in India only and not abroad.
- Age of the candidate must not exceed 40 years (as on Feb 7).
- Minimum eligibility is 60% or above marks in Social Science subjects and 65% or above marks in Science subjects.
- English language proficiency.
Number of Nomination & Award
Maximum 65 nominations, out of which, 26 nomination would be for PhD.
Candidates are required to apply online at Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) portal. To apply, Click here.
Master’s Course: Master Degree programs which are less than 2 years in duration, are not equivalent to Master Degree in India.
Doctoral degree: Doctoral degree programs which is three/four years duration.
Scholarship would be offered under following development themes:
- Science and technology for development.
- Strengthening health systems and capacity.
- Promoting global prosperity.
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance.
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
Note: More than one application would lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Candidates are required to give a write up of their Plan of Study (for Masters) /Research Proposals (for PhD) having maximum of 300 words and 750 words respectively.
- Shortlisted candidates would be called for interview. Nominations would be made purely on merit.
- Online Application in MHRD Portal: Feb 7
- Shortlisted Candidates(Tentative): Feb 15
- Tentative dates for the Interview: First week of March onwards
- Marks sheet and certificate for Secondary Examination.
- Marks sheet and certificate for Higher Secondary Examination.
- Transcript in respect of the candidate’s higher qualification.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
Note: Candidates, shortlisted for interview, are required to bring the following documents at the time of interview
Mobile: 011 26172492