On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2018 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
By offering Mexican government scholarships for international students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and renews its commitment to cooperation programs that help create highly-skilled human capital.
The presence in Mexico of international students, academics and scientists helps build permanent bridges of dialogue that enrich the long-term foreign policy agenda through contributions of exceptional value for the country and its partners abroad. In addition, the Mexican institutions and academic community benefit from the increased internationalization.
All scholarships awarded under this Call will be to conduct academic activities from 1st of March to 5th of December, 2018, in the following modalities:
Under no circumstances the maximum length of the scholarship will be extended.
- Monthly stipend of 4 (four) times the value of the Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Undergraduate mobility scholarships, Specializations, Master’s degrees or Master’s-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses. During 2017, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $9,604.80 pesos (approximately USD $529.77).
- Monthly stipend of 5 (ﬁve) times the value of The Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Doctoral programs and Research periods, Postdoctoral fellowships and Medical specialties and subspecialties. During 2017, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $12,066.00 Mexican pesos (approximately USD $665.52).
Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelors / Master’s or Ph.D. Degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eighty (80), on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in this Call.
- Documents in any language other than Spanish must be accompanied by a simple Spanish translation (need not be certified).
- Applicants with more than one nationality may only submit one application.
- The nomination must come from the same country as the nationality chosen by the applicant to use while in Mexico.