Keeping in mind the prospects of these current modern education MET also plays an important role in the social field by diversifying these programs towards such masses & making them aware of such programs which can help them get better jobs, foreign internships, higher education abroad, come up with their own business etc.
Thus apart from such Educational schemes, MET also strives independently to help students who fall under such categories & also help those who are under poverty.
By doing this MET strengthens the mission of the Government to impart education to the depressed classes to the fullest!
Metropolitan Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in Service Industry, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: Institute/College/University Programmes and specific programs.
Scholarships for up to 2 years at top American, European, Australian and UK institutions, for degrees/diplomas/MBA in Hotel Management, Management, IT Computers & Education
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens of either sex who hold a good degree / diploma from a recognised university and are resident in India at the time of application.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and Programme chosen. The Trust will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Preference will be given to candidates who have not yet studied abroad. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Trust as a positive factor. The Trust also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
Terms of the Scholarship:
- The duration of the scholarship is up to 2/3 years. It covers for the period granted tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In case of specific programs the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate. Those opting for courses lasting for more than 2 years (i.e. MBA & 3 year degree) will have to seek funding from other sources. Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part time jobs are welcome after approval from the Trust.
- Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
- Scholarships are awarded in June generally however proposals as excepted round the year.
Contact: 1800 233 4141