Merck KGaA, branded and commonly known as Merck, is a German multinational pharmaceutical, chemical and life sciences company headquartered in Darmstadt, with about 56,000 employees and present in 66 countries.
About the Innovation Cup
The brightest students from all over the world meet at Merck headquarters to learn from professionals, network, develop business plans.
As a participant in Innovation Cup, you get a chance to network with top students from around the world, work in teams to develop new innovative ideas for unmet medical need, and build a business case with support from experienced professionals. We are offering shared prizes of €20,000 for the winning team and €5,000 for the runner-up. And to make things even more interesting, options to implement the best business plans will be evaluated.
The Innovation Cup summer camp takes place on 20-26 June 2020, near Frankfurt, Germany. Your travel, accommodation and food expenses are paid for by Merck.
As part of the Innovation Cup, we invite you to join a week-long summer camp, to work together in a highly stimulating environment.
- Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the fields: oncology, immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, small molecules drug discovery, protein engineering and screening, digitalization.
- Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
- Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with the brightest students from all over the world
- Understand how products can be successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
- Get to know Merck and learn about career options
A jury consisting of senior Merck researchers and managers as well as external experts will pick the winning business plans for first and second place. On the last day of the summer camp, a conference with alumni of previous Innovation Cup editions will be organized.
Who can Apply?
Applications are from postgraduate students in the life sciences working towards a PhD in biology, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, computer science, data science, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related fields. Postdoctoral students are also welcome to apply, as are advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical business and a background in life sciences.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
Jan 31, 2020