About the Program
Applications are open for the Merck Foundation Research Grants Program 2020. In 2020, Merck is offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance.
Grants will be available in the areas as follows:
- Drug discovery
- Bioreactor design for cultured meat
- Next generation machine learning
- Pandemic preparedness / fighting new emerging viral infectious disease
The deep-dive workshop will take place on the above-mentioned areas in November 3rd- 5th, 2020 in Darmstadt, Germany. Finalists will work together with Merck managers and scientists to jointly optimize submitted project proposals. The culmination of the symposia will be the selection of the research grant winners.
Grants of 100,000 EUR – 500,000 EUR per year for up to 3 years.
- Submissions are accepted from scientists in all countries all over the world.
- Scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company can apply.
- Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2020.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
August 31, 2020
For further details, click here.