At the occasion of its 350th anniversary Merck offers a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance.
Merck intends to provide several research grants of up to EUR 350,000 per year for 3 years in various topic areas with the option of extension or expansion.
- Healthy Lives/Drug Discovery: Next game-changing molecule or technology to cure cancer or autoimmune disease [Click here for challenges]
- Life Reimagined/Synthetic Biology: Next generation production technology for
biologics and revolutionizing microbiome research [Click here for challenges]
- Digitalization/Computing: Application of deep learning or quantum computing for in-silico research [Click here for challenges]
- Materials & Solutions: Next generation of intelligent materials or advances in the field of surface chemistry or atomic layer processes [Click here for challenges]
Who can apply
Researchers from around the world may apply for the grants.
The research proposed for the grant must not:
- involve interventional clinical research
- involve the testing of competitors’ products
We are looking for innovative research proposals from scientists worldwide.
How to apply
Fill out this Application Form using only non-confidential information & send it via email to: email@example.com.
The deadline for applying is August, 15th, 2018.
All selected applicants will be invited to a three day workshop after signature of a confidential disclosure and workshop participation agreement to discuss and optimize a more detailed confidential research proposal further together with Merck scientists.
At the end of the workshop participants will present their optimized research proposal and the winning applicants will be selected by Merck. Merck will then enter into bilateral collaboration agreements with the winning recipients to enable pay-out of the research grant and project start in 2019.
For official website, click here.