Applications are invited for Mercedes-Benz Hack-Star Bengaluru 2022 Hackathon. The last date of registration is 27 February.
Deccan Herald, an English national daily newspaper, is presenting to you the vision of Bengaluru 2040, explaining the infrastructure required to make the City – people and environment friendly by using sustainable technological measures.
As tech partner of this event, Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI), brings to you Hack-Star Bengaluru, a hackathon offering a platform to showcase your ideas towards building sustainable cities/communities through the power of technology.
Here is the chance to grab an opportunity to accelerate the future by bringing in your best ideas, building a prototype and impressing the jury with a glimpse of what the future beholds for all of us. The winners get a chance to work with MBRDI with pre-placement offers along with cash prizes.
We have curated a few themes in the spectrum of transportation, logistics, and sustainable mobility to help you ideate and demonstrate your vision towards a smarter and sustainable Bengaluru.
Building a sustainable and smarter Bengaluru through the power of technology.
- Engineering students graduating in the year 2023 and 2024
- Students currently pursuing any technical degree from recognised Engineering college located in and around Bengaluru
Transportation and Logistics
- Smart Traffic Safety Solutions: Impactful solutions to reduce traffic in Bengaluru, optimise parking to save time and provide last mile connectivity to the commuters.
- Fleet Management Solutions: Innovative solutions for predictive maintenance and operations of public transport systems and fleet
Smart City Solutions
- E-Mobility: Optimized mobile charging and integrated payment solutions for electric vehicles for enhanced EV infrastructure in the city
- Road Safety: Technology enablers to reduce accidents, monitor road conditions and city ‘s infrastructure, improve pedestrian safety and monitor the health condition of the drivers
- Accessibility: Develop solutions to help overcome challenges for senior citizens and PwDs (Infrastructure, ease of access to facilities, including medical, through technology)
Interested candidates can register online via this page.
The first, second, and third prizewinners along with the cash price will receive pre-placement offers to work with MBRDI. Any participants deemed to be apt for a particular role or projects at MBRDI will also get an opportunity to work for us.
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have 3 to 5 members in your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start at 08:00 PM IST on February 15, 2022 and end at 11:59 PM IST on February 27, 2022. You can work on your hack during the allotted time only
- It is an online hackathon and you can participate from anywhere in considering you’re pursuing Engineering degree from college located in Karnataka
- Under the two sub-themes of the hackathon, there are five topics. Your hack must come under any one of it.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs only to your team.
You may also be interested in: