Meraki is one of only eight non-profit organisations selected nationally by NSRCEL , one of India’s foremost incubator & Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. Meraki has been selected for InnovatEd , Teach For India’s social entrepreneurship program. Their work has been covered by the Hindu , the EconomicTimes and one of India’s top digital news media company Logical Indian.
Volunteer Role and Responsibilities
Meraki has entered into a new partnership with the South Municipal Corporation of Delhi. Through this partnership Meraki will be able to reach 500 new families in urban slums located in South Delhi. Volunteers will help us understand the current academic status of children as well as understand barriers their parents face.
By doing this, you will be helping more mothers like Geeta didi help their children achieve incredible developmental outcome. This role will give you the unique opportunity to learn about questionnaire design, primary data collection and student assessments. It will also provide insight into the government education system in Delhi as you will interact with various stakeholders including children and parents.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Attend training conducted by Meraki to understand protocols for data collection.
- Conduct individual assessments in government schools for students in class 1 and class 2 based.
- Schedule home visits and conduct personal interviews with parents of children assessed.
- Report qualitative insights on the lives of families interviewed.
- This opportunity is unpaid . However, metro/ auto travel to communities and schools will be reimbursed.
- Certificate of participation will be provided.
- Location: Kalkaji and Govindpuri (On the Delhi Metro Violet Line), South Delhi
- Duration: 15 days with 3-4 hours of work daily. You can sign up for morning or afternoon shift. If you are not available continuously, and are interested in Meraki’s work, do write to them.
- Training orientation will be compulsory. The orientation will take place in the week of Sept 18, 2017.
Note: Deadline to apply to this opportunity is 07:00 am , September 17, 2017.
To apply for this opportuity, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-9811208389 with a copy of your C.V. and availability.