Applications are invited for Meghalaya Legislative Research Fellowship 2021 (MIG ISB Fellowship). The last date of application is 20 September 2021.
Meghalaya Institute of Governance and Indian School of Business seek dynamic and motivated candidates to support members of Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly through research and data analysis to work towards solving complex problems in governance and public policy.
About Meghalaya Legislative Research Fellowship 2021
The Meghalaya Institute of Governance (MIG) has been set up as the focal institute in the state of Meghalaya to guide governance reforms in the state of Meghalaya, by bringing together and blending the power of knowledge, technology and people for good governance.
Meghalaya Legislative Research Fellowship (MLRF) envisages the facilitation of support for research and data analysis for the honorable legislators and empower the Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly. Bharti Institute of Public Policy at the Indian School of Business (ISB) is supporting the MLRF programme as the knowledge and executing partner. Fellows will be selected, trained, and mentored through a structured two-year programme to facilitate research and evidence-based policy insights.
Positions & Location
12 (Twelve) Legislative Fellows & 2 (Two) Data Fellows, based in Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Indian citizen and a domicile of Meghalaya state (relaxed for data fellows).
- Bachelor’s in Social Sciences, Humanities, Public Policy, Statistics, Data Analytics & Geoinformation, Natural Sciences and other interdisciplinary degrees.
Desirable Qualifications: Candidates with Master’s degree and well-rounded knowledge of Meghalaya society, culture, and history state politics and policies will be preferred. Candidates with Master’s/PhD degree and well-rounded knowledge of Meghalaya society, culture, and history will be preferred. Candidates who are familiar with any vernacular language of Meghalaya is strongly desired.
The job calls for advanced organizational skills and requires working in close coordination with selected legislators of the Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly and agencies of the Government of Meghalaya. The roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Produce background notes, issue briefs, information bulletins, fact sheets, weekly digests, etc. on legislative, procedural and other immediate or anticipated issues of interest.
- Disseminate information on selected subjects to legislative members in their respective interest areas.
- Use sophisticated research methods to produce evidence-based policy insights on issues of importance and urgency.
- Support legislators directly in several items of legislative business like the Questions, Adjournment Motions, Calling Attention Notices, etc. to be initiated by legislators, including private member bills.
For a minimum of one year, extendable for another year based on performance.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
On behalf of MIG, Bharti Institute of Public Policy (BIPP), Indian School of Business will process the selection of candidates for the Fellowship. The process will include an submission of a detailed application and interviews of shortlisted candidates.
A monthly salary of Rs.40,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance & Mobile Allowance additionally as may be admissible from time to time.
Click here to view the official notification of Meghalaya Legislative Research Fellowship 2021 (MIG ISB Fellowship).
You may also be interested in: