About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public institution established by the government of India in 1951. It is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
The Management Development Programme on Positive Leadership and Organisational Development is organised by IIT Kharagpur from Jan 20-22, 2020.
Leadership has been always a very fascinating subject for leaders, organization, society, community and nations. It is as old as human civilization and evolving in nature. Leaders emerge in organizations and societies from time to time. However, their existence, survival and sustainability depend on their ability, experience and wisdom. Leaders build culture, creates a path to success and resilience.
Leaders lead from the front by showing the direction, influence and motivation to their followers. Ethical issues in organizations always remind leaders to maintain honesty and integrity and transparency in their actions and reactions. Hence, the study of leadership is always critical for leaders, scholars and practitioners to keep pace with the recent developments in leadership trends to meet the future challenges of their organizations.
Keeping the challenges of leadership in the contemporary world, the present MDP on Positive leadership and organization development was designed to educate participants about different concept and models of leadership in practice. To help them learn about building effective organisations through teamwork, motivation, problem-solving, decision making, capacity building and preparing them to face the future challenges through case studies, management games, simulations and group activities, etc.
- Understanding leadership
- Emerging styles of leadership
- Leadership under the VUCA environment
- Why positive leadership(values, vision, volition, empathy, forgiveness, gratitude)
- What makes leaders effective and sustainable (decision making, problem-solving, motivating, inspiring, vision building)
- Developing Effective Leadership Skills
- Making leaders impactful, effective, resilient and sustainable
- Leadership & Organisational development – issues and challenges
- Ethics, social responsibility and issue of governance
- Preparing for the future
Who can Participate?
Industry manager, Scientists, Researcher, Academicians, NGO leaders, Civil Administrators, Student of Leadership and organisation studies
- Industry: Rs. 15,000/-
- Faculty: Rs. 10000/-
- Student: Rs. 8000/-
- South Asian Countries/low-income countries: Rs.15,000/-
- Private Participants: Rs. 12,000/-
- For Developed Countries: USD500
(GST 18% extra per candidate for all participants)
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the programme through this link.
Jan 5, 2020
Principal Coordinator: Dr Rabindra Kumar Pradhan
Mobile: 9434704900/8116679777, Land: 03222-282346 (office)
Email: rkpradhan[at]hss.iitkgp.ac.in/ rabi2020[at]gmail.com