The School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology is conducting the 12th Management Development Programme on Gamification for Learning and Development.
This will be held in 2 phases.
Phase 1: Sep 3-6, 6 PM- 9 PM IST
Phase 2: Sep 17-20, 6 PM – 9 PM GST (exclusive for Middle East participants)
The MDP will be held online via Zoom, Google Meet and Cisco Webex.
Gamification as a concept is not necessarily a new one, although the term itself may very well be. The basic premise of gamification is that it uses game mechanics for non-game applications. It employs the use of game elements to leverage a participant’s sense of challenge, competition, and reward to educate, change attitude or behaviour and inspire action.
Since 2010, over 350 companies have launched major gamification projects. These include consumer brands like MLB, Adobe, NBC, Walgreens, Ford, Southwest, eBay, Panera, and more. In 2014, more than 70% of Global 2000 organizations have at least one gamfiied application, driving 50% of all innovation.
Gamification is increasing in acceptance in the learning and development sphere. The objective of gamification in learning and development is to encourage both enjoyment and engagement through the learning experience by capturing the attention of learners and motivating them to continue learning.
The primary objective of this MDP is to provide hands-on experience in using game design elements and game principles to equip the participants to gamify their learning environments (trainings, workplaces, classrooms etc), thereby enhancing the process of learning and
School of Management Studies (SMS), CUSAT will award certificates of participation to the participants on successful completion of the program.
After attending this program, faculty members will be:
- Provided with basic awareness on NINE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
- Familiarized with 37 new concepts in the area of learning and development.
- Equipped with 15 innovative learning and Game Designing techniques that will enhance their online teaching
- Adept with implementing and using 12 unique digital tools that will improve the efficacy of online sessions.
- Gaining hands-on experience on 20 Game Designing and Applying activities
Who should attend
- A faculty member wanting to bring excitement in the class room methodology
- A training professional looking forward to enhance the learning process.
- Corporate Executives/HR managers who want to create an engaging workplace.
- A research scholar wanting to include gamified system for research.
- A professional willing to upgrade and escalate to the new learning.
- An entrepreneur looking for innovative engagement tools for higher profits.
- Anyone with a basic air for creativity, aggregation and exploration can join in.
Registration Fee and Payment Mode
The registration fee and payment modes for Indian and Middle east participants are given in the brochures below.
For details, contact
Indian participants: 9847329799 | 9497310934
Middle east participants: +971 5621 48447 | 52233 2296
For full details, view the brochures below.