About the Programme
The MDP on Design Thinking for Healthcare is organised by IIM Kozhikode from Dec 18-20, 2019.
Technology is continuing to shape our lives and a lot has been going on in terms of the way forward. As schools of analytical and intuitive thinking reconcile the importance of one over the other, Design Thinking emerges as a blend of the two creating a rationality approach that refuses to strangle the creative urges of the human mind. In the words of Roger Martin, the author of ‘The design of business’- “The most successful businesses in the years to come will balance analytical mastery and intuitive originality in a dynamic interplay that I call Design Thinking.” Some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mayo Clinic, GE Healthcare, Stanford Healthcare and others have benefitted from Design Thinking.
This program will introduce participants to the fundamentals of Design Thinking along with extensive hands on experience with implementing the concepts learnt with focus on healthcare. The healthcare industry is different than other industries some of which are -Healthcare is an absolute essential and cuts across the needs of all tiers of society and all phases of life; it is a sensitive service that has high stakes and cannot sustain without a community to provide services for; multiple industries come together targeting the same user for a complete all round satisfaction and even then satisfaction in healthcare services can be tough to achieve; and finally healthcare workers have a higher role to play in contributing to the ‘humane’ element associated with care.
Design thinking is described as a discipline that uses the designer’s sensibility and methods to match people’s needs with what is technologically feasible and what a viable business strategy can convert into customer value and market opportunity. The program will cover aspects that introduce participants to the fundamentals of Design Thinking and its applications for healthcare.
- The importance of design of better healthcare service and experiences
- Significance of the user in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Skills as an ethnographer and creative thinker
- Enhanced individual and collaborative skills in design-based problem solving
- An ability to apply the theory and sensibilities of design-thinking in healthcare industry
Participants will be able to:
- Acknowledge the importance of user studies in the various design process
- Learn different methodologies used for empathizing with the users
- Learn techniques to define problems, collaborate and ideate different solutions to real-life problems
- Learn to express their ideas by externalizing and redesigning service solutions
This program will cover the following:
- Overview of Design Thinking, Profile of a Design Thinker
- Tools & techniques to Empathize
- Tools & techniques to define problem
- Tools & techniques to Ideate
- Prototype, Rapid prototyping, iterative testing
- Prototype building and retest
Who can Participate?
This program is aimed for
- Senior-level managers/entrepreneurs who would like to incorporate design thinking in comprehending new services to be in line with the consumers’ healthcare needs and stay ahead of the competition
- Junior/middle-level executives who would like to incorporate design thinking in their daily process and administration
- Website developers who would like to understand the users’ perspectives and design holistic solutions from a socio-technical perspective
- Executives in organizations that provide e-health that would like to achieve maximum citizen satisfaction with innovative solutions
Rs. 36000+GST (Non-Residential).
How to Register?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
Nov 27, 2019
Facilitator: Prof. Anindita Paul