Applications for the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2021 are now open.
About the Program
The Young Leaders Access Program is a year-long program that prepares young people, 18 to 26, to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning. Throughout the whole year, YLP team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange.
Given the situation with the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, the YLP team is implementing the program to fully virtual by through e-modules, Zoom discussions, and virtual one-on-one learning between mentors and mentees.
Young Leaders Access Program 2021 begins with the Community Needs Assessment, a 2-month community needs mapping project that prepares young people to better understand their own local community. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a 3-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 7 months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
Young Leaders Must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community to address;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2021);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to completing the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, attending the 3-months Virtual Learning program, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Submit a completed application on or before March 1, 2021 end of the day (NYC EST time)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- January 15, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program application opens;
- March 1, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program application closes;
- March 31, 2021: First round decisions sent out; shortlist candidates notified; second-round application opens;
- April 18, 2021: Second-round application closes;
- May 1-28, 2021: Interviews with Alumni;
- June 1, 2021: Acceptances sent out;
- June 15, 2021: Confirmation of acceptance;
- July 1, 2021 – August 27, 2021: Community Needs Assessment;
- September 1, 2021 – December 15, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program Virtual Learning;
- December 15, 2021 – July 1, 2022: Young Leaders Access Program duration.
For more details, click the link below.