We are proud to announce the launch of “Maya”, a magazine run by students of Jindal Global University (Sonipat).
[Maya – ‘love’ in Nepali, ‘courage and bravery’ (Maia) in Maori, ‘illusion’ in Sanskrit]
Maya is a unique initiative of the LGBTQI community of Jindal Global University, Sonipat (India). We seek to provide an avenue for discussions on issues of gender and sexuality. We also wish to serve as a platform for queer visibility and engagement across universities in India and abroad. We have already published our first issue.
We aim to publish articles, case comments, book/film reviews, campus reports, poetry, stories and art on the intersection of law, and gender and sexuality. We seek new and original writing tackling contemporary legal issues in this field.
You can visit our website to get an idea of the kind of legal articles that we have published. We also welcome non-legal submissions if it pertains to the theme of the magazine.
Who Can Submit
Students, academicians, research scholars, advocates and activists are welcome to contribute to the magazine. The deadline for submission is 10th August, 2018. We will be publishing our forthcoming issue (Volume 1, Issue 2) in August 2018.
Submission Guidelines and Procedure
- We prefer submissions that do not exceed 1,500 words in length. However, the Magazine is flexible on the word count depending on quality of submission.
- All submissions to the Magazine should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
- Wherever case law, statutory materials or other resources are being referred to, appropriate links must be provided to those in the main text itself. If any citations are being used, we prefer endnotes in any uniform citation style.
- There can be multiple authors of a submission.
- Authors must include their brief biographical information (in no more than two lines) in the submission. Anonymous submissions are also accepted, however please indicate your pen name and affiliation (e.g. law student of Jindal Global Law School).
- Please email us your submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to submit anonymously, please upload your submissions on this Dropbox link.
- Each submission will be reviewed by one or more editors of the Magazine, who retain their absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission and, if accepted, whether the submission requires revisions.
If any contributor has any queries or would like to discuss a proposal, please email us at email@example.com
For updates, follow this Facebook page.