Workshop on Applications of Mathematics in Engineering @ SRM University [Kancheepuram, March 2-3]: Register by March 1
The Department of Mathematics of SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Tamil Nadu, is organizing a two-day workshop on Applications of Mathematics in Engineering on March 2-3. Registration closes on March 1.
About SRM University:
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) was established in 1985.
It has four campuses located in Kattankulathur, Rampuram, Vadapalani, and Ghaziabad with over 38,000 students and more than 2600 faculty across all the campus, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Science and Humanities.
About the Workshop:
The objective of this Workshop is to create a set of problems for the application of Engineering Mathematics-I (Calculus and Linear Algebra)which focuses primarily on Matrices, Functions of Several Variables, Differential Equations, Differential Calculus, Sequences, and Series.
The challenges faced by any general mathematics teacher are the difficulties to formulate and interpret an Engineering Application. However, once an equation is formulated they all know how to find its respective solutions.
The focused audience will be all Teachers and Research Scholars working in Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges, and Universities.
- Eigen Values, Eigen Vectors, Cayley Hamilton Theorem and Quadratic form to Canonical form.
- Curvature, Evolute, and Envelope of the family of curves.
- Taylor’s Series, Maxima and Minima and Jacobians.
- Convergence of series.
- Solutions of Differential Equations using Laplace Transformations.
- Complex Integration using Residues, Poles and Cauchy’s Residue Theorem.
- Integration using the coordinate transformation.
- Divergence, Curl, Gradient and Integral Theorems.
- Conformal mapping and testing the derivative of a function in Complex form.
- Fee: Rs. 1000.
- Deadline: March 1.
- No TA/DA will be provided.
- The Registration form is to be sent in the format given in the brochure below along with a D.D in favor of Sri Ramanujam Mathematical Club payable at Chennai.
Accommodation will be provided for outstation participants on pre-request and First Come First Serve basis.
For the registration form and further details, click here.
About the Author