The Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering equips you with the depth and breadth of knowledge and relevant skills needed to succeed in today’s engineering world while offering you the prestige, affordability, flexibility you want in a Master’s degree. Gain a credential that commands attention with the Purdue University School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
This fully-online Master’s program will enable you to gain deep knowledge in your chosen area of interest in as little as three semesters. You will build ‘breadth at the edges’ of your chosen technical area by taking a number of 1 credit courses (each 5 weeks in duration) from a rich suite of options.
This unique educational experience will make you a leading expert in your focus area and, at the same time, sharpen your ability to communicate with diverse groups. Our world-class faculty members will help you develop innovative thinking approaches to address practical complex problems. Throughout your program you will be supported by a dedicated Faculty Advisor(s) and a team of professionals to help you plan and support your envisioned career path.
This fully online program enables students to take a deep dive into electrical and computer engineering and choose from 7 broad tracks.
- Automatic Control
- Communications, Networking, Signal & Image Processing
- Computer Engineering
- Fields and Optics
- Microelectronics & Nanotechnology
- Power and Energy Systems
- VLSI and Circuit Design
The Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering requires 30 credit hours of coursework. We offer three credit hour and one credit hour courses.
- Core Courses – 6 hours
- Graduate Math Courses – 6 hours
- Primary Focus Courses – 9 hours
- Elective Courses – 9 hours
- Math Background: Three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra.
- Engineering Background: Preferred undergraduate background in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, or Applied Mathematics.
Online Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering