Mastercard invites all developers and hackathon enthusiasts to participate in Amplitude 2017 – a hackathon. For 50 years, Mastercard has been transforming how the world pays and gets paid and Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Mastercard takes an innovative, value-driven approach to the solutions we create and services we offer, making transactions faster, easier, and more convenient and secure.
You may build your solutions using Mastercard APIs at https://developer.mastercard.com/apis.
The theme of this contest is Cashless Bano India – any innovative idea to make India a cashless society.
The 4 themes are:
- Create easily modifiable Meta-data driven Rules Platform.
- Accelerate adoption of Digital Payments in India.
- Develop alternate payment methods for merchants.
- Increase security on P2P and P2M transactions.
Full details about these themes are given here.
- This is a team hackathon event. You can have a maximum of three (3) members in your team.
- A team can submit only one idea from for any of the four available themes.
- A person can be part of only one team in case their entry is shortlisted for the Offline Hackathon event.
- A person has to be a registered member with Hackerearth at the time of Offline hackathon.
- Entries without the Idea Submission Presentation will not be considered for evaluation. Refer to the Idea Submission Template given here.
- Entries must be submitted on the Hackerearth site.
- Shortlisted teams will receive an email communicating their selection for the Offline Hackathon.
- Offline Hackathon rules will be communicated to shortlisted teams.
- Shortlisted teams will receive a prepaid card valued at Rs 10,000. This prepaid card will be provided to the team when they register for the Offline Hackathon event at the Mastercard office.
- Offline Hackathon will be a 2 day event, to be held at the Mastercard office in Pune. The address is Mastercard Technology Pvt. Ltd, Wing 1, Tower A, 3rd Floor, Business Bay, Survey No 103, Opposite Poona Golf Course, Airport Road, Yerawada, Pune, Maharashtra 411006.
- Mastercard will not reimburse or compensate for any costs associated with travel or lodging for the event apart from prepaid card valued at Rs 10,000.
- During Offline Hackathon all meals will be provided by Mastercard.
- Arrangements will be made at Mastercard Office for teams that are working on their solution overnight during Offline Hackathon.
- Participants are required to carry their own digital devices to develop and present the solution.
- Mastercard will provide Wi-Fi connectivity during the Offline Hackathon.
- Unavailability of deliverables will result in disqualification of the team during Offline Hackathon and will not be allowed to present their solution.
- You will not be able add team members after idea submission phase ends.
- Mastercard Employees are eligible to participate subject to certain conditions.
First Prize: Rs. 2,00,000.
Second Prize: Rs. 1,00,000.
Third Prize: Rs. 75,000.
For full details, visit the contest website link given here.