The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore) invites you to be a part of an interdisciplinary Master’s Program in Digital Society. The two-year program is a blend of topics drawn from information technology and social sciences.
It trains new-age professionals to design, deploy and develop digital technologies for diverse population across domains like governance, healthcare, education, infrastructures, media to name a few.
Who is this program for?
If you believe in building a career in technology that impacts society, this program is tailor-made just for you.
Who is this not for?
If you are looking to carve a career in hard core IT, then this one is not for you!
What will I learn?
In our effort towards an equitable digital world, our students explore and engage with a multitude of areas, a few of which include:
- Human-computer Interaction
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) for Development
- Inclusive Design
- Digital Identities and Welfare
- Platform Labour
- Telecom and Regulations
What is the course structure?
The course is a carefully curated mix of essential core courses (covered in the first two semesters) and wide-ranging electives.
Are there any specializations offered?
The following streams are available for students to specialize in:
- Human-centered digital design
- Data-intensive digital design
- Research and policy studies
Where are our Alumni currently?
Alumni of the M.Sc in Digital Society programme is currently engaged in a variety of roles such as
- UX Designer
- Data Science Analyst
- Programme Manager – Technology
- Communications Specialist
- Technology Policy Researcher
- Design Engineer
- Product Manager
- PhD Researcher
How to Apply?
- Recent graduates and young professionals from varied educational backgrounds may apply.
- More details about the program are available here.
June 15, 2021
M.Sc. (Digital Society)
For more details, click the link below.