About the Scholarship
The Department of Education, Govt. of Goa announced a scholarship scheme for postgraduate and doctoral studies. The aim of the scholarship is to promote the talented younger population of Goa by recognizing the meritorious and outstanding candidates by providing scholarship.
Every year 20 outstanding Scholars shall be selected and awarded under the Scheme. However in certain circumstances for reasons to be recorded more wards can be granted on the recommendation of the Selection Committee with the approval of the Government provided the total number of awards shall not exceed 30.
- You should be a resident of Goa for a minimum period of 15 years. However, if you are of Goan origin, and have pursued your academic studies for a minimum period of 7 years in Goa out of your entire academic career with residence in Goa shall also be considered for the Scholarship.
- You must have passed the qualifying Degree examination from an institution preferably located in Goa. However, those who passed the qualifying Degree examination from a reputed institution located in any other parts of India also can apply provided you fulfil other conditions of eligibility.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship by filling the application form available here.
- After submitting the online application, you will immediately receive an email containing the information uploaded by you. You have to take a printout of the email, fill in the details and affix your signature in the Declaration Section, and then affix a passport-sized photograph. You should submit the same along with the self-attested documents to the Directorate of Higher Education.
- You should send it to the Director of Higher Education, SCERT Building, Alto-Porvorim, Goa, 403521.
- Last date for Online Submission: Oct 15, 2020
- Last date for Submission of Hard Copy: Oct 30, 2020
For full notification, click the link below.