Bioinformatics is interdisciplinary field mainly involving molecular biology and genetics, computer science, mathematics and statistics. Data intensive, large scale biological problems are addressed from a computational point of view.
This course will be useful for candidates who wish to pursue their career in the area of Bioinformatics. The course is designed to provide exposure of basic skills and techniques of Bioinformatics which will be useful to the candidates from Biotechnology / Biological sciences / Mathematics / Computer science / IT etc. for stepping into this new emerging interdisciplinary area. Also it may be useful to research scholars & teachers of above mentioned areas for research, development and teaching on Bioinformatics.
- Create awareness among the participants about this new era of Bioinformatics and bring applied orientation among them.
- To expose the utility, significance and importance of Bioinformatics.
- To give exposure of various areas of Bioinformatics and their applications.
- Exposure to Computational Modelling, Simulation, various tools and techniques in Bioinformatics.
- Introduction to Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- Biological and Bioinformatics databases and data mining
- Introduction to Mathematical Modelling and Simulation
- Sequence Analysis & Computational Models for Biological data
- Phylogenetic analysis and Proteomics
- Various Bioinformatics languages and tools related to Sequence Analysis, Evolutionary analysis and proteomics.
- Application of Modelling and Simulation to various types of Biological data like Nucleotide (DNA & RNA) and Protein sequences, their structures and relative interactions etc.
- Software tools like BLAST, FASTA, CLUSTALW, MEGA, GENSCAN, PRIMER3, PHYLODENDRON, RASMOL, SPDBV.
Faculty, Students, Research Scholars, IT Professionals from academic institutions, research organizations, Engineers from Industries, Government / Semi-Government organisation with specialisation in Life Sciences / Computer Sciences / Engineering / Mathematics / Medical Sciences / Pharmacy.
The number of seats are limited, preference will be given on first cum- first serve, basis.
- Research Scholars/Students: Rs.1500/-
- Faculty: Rs. 2000/-
- Industry Professionals: Rs. 4000/-
The fee has to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of “DIRECTOR, MANIT, Bhopal” payable at Bhopal. The fee includes course material, lunch and refreshment. Last date of receiving completed registration form is 15/06/2017.
For more details, please visit the course brochure here.