City & Guilds and Manipal Foundation’s Scholarship; Fund of Rs. 1.45 Crores: Rolling Applications
City & Guilds and Manipal Foundation together have committed to Rs.14.5 Mn (£1,50,000) Scholarship fund over next 3 years. This contribution would be enabled in equal proportion by both the entities. The aim of this fund would be to support “Need based” and “Merit based” Learners:
Need Based (Enable Quality Vocational Education for the Needy Learners):
B. Learners with disability
- Based on Level of disability
- Trainability for specific Job Roles
- Learners whose parental income is below Rs. 0.2 Million per annum (GBP 2000 pa)
- Learners whose parental income is below Rs. 50,000 per Dependent per annum (GBP 500 pa per Dependent)
C. Economically backward learners
Students who belong to the categories of SC, ST whose annual parental income is below Rs. 0.2 Million per annum (GBP 2000 pa)
Learners whose parental income is below Rs. 50,000 per Dependent per annum (GBP 500 pa per Dependent)
D. Prisoners who are keen for rehabilitation
- Prisoners who have served their sentence and are in restarting their lives outside the Jails
- Prisoners who can be enabled to have a better life by picking up one of the Vocational Skills
Merit Based (Appreciate Meritorious Learners with Progression and Recognition):
A. Appreciate meritorious learners from focus sectors, such as Engineering & Manufacturing, Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Construction, Health & Social care, Teaching & Learning, etc.
- Reward Learners who have scored the highest in their Sectors – knowledge and Skill together
B. Recognise Learners with good Vocational Skills and enable them to progress to higher levels.
- Learners who show promise to excel
- This could be existing Learners or someone who is in the Industry
- We could ask Learners to upload 2 – 5 minute Video clip showcasing their skills. They would also need to showcase Portfolio of evidence and references supporting their candidature.
C. Recognise and Polish Skilled Learners, such that they are able to compete at International Events.
- C&G / MCG Trained and/or Certified Learners who have been recognised as the best in their sector and have very good references from their Trainers, Employers and Customers.
- Who exhibit the brand Philosophy of City & Guilds and Manipal Foundation
Focus Sectors: Engineering & Manufacturing, Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Construction, Health & Social care, Teaching & Learning, etc.
How to apply: If learner fulfils the above-mentioned criteria, then he/she could write to email@example.com for further correspondence.
For more details, please visit this link.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.