The conference is planned to bring together library and information science professionals, academicians and educationalists in the field of library and information science to create an environment to discuss the need to transform the libraries.
The roles being played by the library professionals in transforming the libraries and to discuss the challenges being faced by libraries in transforming the libraries by presenting papers, discussions, exchange of views and sharing of experiences.
- Main Theme: Transformation of Libraries for Tomorrow
- Sub Themes:
- Collection development
- Resource sharing in digital environment, networking, consortia practices
- Open access initiatives
- Copyright and licensing issues
- Digital collection strategies and priorities
- Application of innovative ideas in the library
- Information literacy
- Research support services and programmes
- Extension activities and marketing of library and information services and products
- Best practices in the library in ICT environment
- Development of information and knowledge services
- Public library services
- Institutional repositories
- Users and their information seeking behavior
- Search and web-scale discovery/single window search
- Social networking and impact on libraries
- Remote access and security tools
- Library portals, OPAC, QR codes, Mobile Apps
- RFID implementation in libraries
- Planning and designing of future academic and public library building and infrastructure
- Library leadership, skill development, and competency management
- User satisfaction
- Modern librarianship and challenges for library professionals
- Role of librarians as access facilitators
- Future of libraries and librarianship
- User empowerment
- LIS education in the transformation of libraries
Guidelines for submission:
- Authors can submit their full papers through an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The paper should not exceed 3000 words and it should contain an abstract of 100-200 words.
- The main title should be followed by a name, affiliation, and address of the author(s) with e-mail and contact no.
- All references should be presented according to the Chicago Manual of Style.
Click here for the registration form.
- Professionals: Rs 800.00
- Research Scholars (Full-time), LIS Students and Retired Professionals: Rs 500.00
Registration fees can be paid by DD favoring below mentioned beneficiary name payable at Udupi/Manipal or through NEFT:
|Beneficiary Name:||Manipal Academy of Higher Education Conference/Workshop|
|Bank Account Number:||33508958510|
|Name of the Bank:||State Bank of India, Manipal|
Completed registration form along with registration fee should be sent to:
The Organizing Secretary, 3rd NACML-2018, Health Sciences Library, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal – 576 104, Karnataka.
Details (softy copy or screenshot) of the online payment made (NEFT) should be sent to email@example.com.
Last date for submission: January 15, 2018
Date of the event: February 09-10, 2018
Dr. Mahabaleshwara Rao, Organizing Secretary
Ph: 0820 2922609, 9964498288
Fax: 0820 2570061.