The concept of sustainable tourism, as developed in the United Nations sustainable development process, refers to tourists arrivals, their types, activities, duration of stay etc. and the direct and combined relationships of all these areas and management of all resources in such a way that economic, social and aesthetic needs can be fulfilled while maintaining cultural integrity, essential ecological balances and diversity.
Destinations are varied and so its management. Sustainable development of tourism resources is the most prevalent issue and gaining interest around the world. The wide ranging categories of tourism resources need a distinctive and separate approaches and management practices.
From national parks to a handicraft village or an archaeological site the destination resource development and management practices have distinctive differences for equitable and sustained principles. While conducting research for a destination, the need for studying or reviewing the existing literature or the literature with similar attraction features with various areas draw attention. Again, these are, very often, specialized and in depth in nature.
To understand and conceptualize
(i) Sustainable development and management of alpine tourism resources.
(ii) Sustainable development and management of water bodies and coastal tourism resources
(iii) Sustainable industrial and entrepreneurial practices in tourism
(iv) Guest host interaction and sustainable tourism development
(v) And explore tourism Legislation for sustainable development of resources and industry
The author is a teacher in Amity University, Kolkata. This book is largely oriented to the University syllabus and as such to be useful for all 7 universities in India and abroad. Besides destination management and planning which are taught in 25 Universities in India and will be helpful to them.
Sustainable Development and Management of Alpine Tourism Resources
- Hill Tourism
- Glacier Tourism & Management
- Tourism in National Parks and Sanctuaries
Sustainable Development and Management of Water Bodies and Coastal Tourism Resources
- Tourism in Inland Water Bodies ( creeks, lakes, river basin, wetland etc.) including Coastal Areas
- Cruise Tourism and Its Sustainable Management
- Mangrove Tourism
Sustainable Industrial and Entrepreneurial Practices in Tourism
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Women Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Marketing and Consumer Behavior
- Business Awareness Program and Promotion
- Tourism Entrepreneurship Modeling for Business Houses, Self- Help group etc.
Guest Host Interaction and Sustainable Tourism Development
- Tourism Impacts (Ecological, Economic, Socio-Cultural) and Consequences
- Sustainable Interactive Modeling for Guest-Host Relationship
Tourism Legislation for Sustainable Development of Resources and Industry
- Legislation for a Specific Sector in Tourism
- Legislation for Coastal/ Alpine/ protected area or resort or monument
- Mechanism and Modeling for Tourism Legislation with respect to a State/ Country
Dr. Debasish Batabyal, Assistant Professor, Amity University, Kolkata, India.
Call for Chapters:
- Proposals Submission Deadline: July 15, 2017
- Full Chapters Due: October 15, 2017
- Submission Date: February 1, 2018
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before July 15, 2017, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter.
Authors will be notified by July 22, 2017 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.
Full chapters are expected to be submitted by October 15, 2017, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions prior to submission.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Click here for manuscript guidelines.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Trust in Knowledge Management and Systems in Organizations. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals should be submitted through the E-Editorial DiscoveryTM online submission manager.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2018.
Click here for additional details.
- Proposal due date: July 15, 2017
- Full chapter due date: October 15, 2017
- Review process: October 15, 2017 – November 30, 2017
- Review results returned to chapter authors: December 15th, 2017
- Revised chapter submission : January 15th, 2018
- Final acceptance notification: January 31, 2018
- Submission of final chapters to editor: February 15, 2018
- Materials to IGI Global: March 30, 2018
Click here for the official notification.