About the Global Advocate Fellowship
The Global Advocate Fellowship is a rigorous and immersive 9-month professional training program designed for results-oriented individuals with a passion for global impact. Fellows are carefully matched with CBOs and NGOs in one of eight countries, where they’ll support community-directed development initiatives.
Advocates work on sustainable projects in the arenas of education, clean water, agriculture, micro-business and healthcare in communities across East Africa, Ghana, Guatemala, India and in the US.
It is a competitive job-training program that is intended to introduce participants to international development with first-hand experience. An Advocate is not a tourist or a cultural exchange student. While the 3 month in-country experience will be life defining, the other 6 months of programming will be equally rewarding as a first or second look at human centered development on the international level.
Applicants may indicate which countries they are interested in working in, as well as their specific areas of interests on their application. Based on this information and a needs assessment done with Mama Hope’s CBO & NGO partners, Global Advocates are carefully matched with a community in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ghana, Ethiopia, India, Guatemala or Haiti.
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Not enrolled in University at program start date
- Nine month commitment
- Stable health conditions
- Ability to pay for flight and transportation *
* The flight to the 5-day orientation comes at your own cost. We have found that this cost can be prohibitive for those traveling from long distances. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before applying to discuss your options if you are unable to afford this expense.
WARNING: This is a rigorous, time-consuming and professional program. We have high expectations for our Advocates and hold them accountable for their project work. Think carefully before applying, we want individuals that treat this opportunity as a professional building block. We want candidates that are self-motivated, dedicated, open minded and action oriented.
How to apply
- Review all the information on this page.
- Send your resume and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Name your files using the following format: Resume: Resume_LastName.doc (Example: Resume_Berkshire.doc) Transcripts: Transcripts_LastName.doc (Example: Transcripts_Berkshire.doc)
- Download the application (Microsoft Word) and submit with required info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org