The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote economic development.
The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions (Academic Module) host IIMs with an intensive field immersion at the district level (District Immersion) to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas.
MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) and implemented in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs).
MGNF 2021-23 will be rolled out nationally in more than 660 district across India. The program will be hosted by 9 IIMs (IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Udaipur and IIM Visakhapatnam) separately with IIM Bangalore managing the common admission process.
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state government.
- The fellowship is a unique opportunity to promote skill development in district economies.
- The two-year blended program combines classroom sessions at host IIMs with mentorship of Fellows while in district.
- It provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level to strengthen institutions and improve skill development, link markets and create growth.
- On joining the program, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 50,000 per month during Year 1 of the program. On completing the requirements of Year 1, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month during Year 2 of the program.
MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by host IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI).
Interested and eligible candidates can register here.
The application window for 2021-23 admissions is now open. Application window open till March 27, 2021.