The Institution of Eminence (IoE), University of Delhi invites applications from eligible Indian and overseas nationals with excellent publication record for Maharishi Kanad Post- Doctoral Fellowships in the areas of Public Health, Climate Change & Sustainability, Public Policy & Governance, Transnational Affairs and Skill Enhancement & Entrepreneurship Development.
- The applicant should have completed Ph.D. from any Indian/Foreign University in the relevant specializations as mentioned below
- The applicant should possess a good academic record and an excellent research profile as evident from quality publications in reputed journals of the relevant specialization.
- The applicant should not have exceeded six years from the date of award of Ph.D. at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- An applicant having research experience that demonstrates an independent research capability will receive preference.
- A duly filled application form should be accompanied by a brief research proposal (not more than 2000 words) along with the application, outlining the objectives, brief methodology, deliverables, and the timeline to achieve the stated objectives.
Number of Fellowships and Specializations
The Maharishi Kanad Post-Doctoral Fellowships are available in the following areas of specialization:
Public Health (6 positions)
- Public Health Epidemiology.
- Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics technology, Immunology and Cell Biology for Molecular Epidemiology.
- System biologist with a strong background in mathematical modeling, and computational and big data analysis.
- Innovation and design of novel diagnostic, therapeutic and prognostic product, tools and techniques.
- Social issues in Public Health.
Climate Change & Sustainability (6 positions)
- Climate change studies -Ocean-atmosphere interactions
- Climate Change & water resources sustainability
- Natural hazards and disasters and climate change
- Ecology, biodiversity conservation and climate change
- Food and nutritional security (future crops) and climate change
- Human health impacts of climate change
- Climate change and livelihood challenges (socio-economic & cultural)
Public Policy & Governance (5 positions)
- Regulatory mechanisms and regimes
- Political economy
- Public governance and delivery
- Technology in public governance
- Law and social transformation
Transnational Affairs (5 positions)
- Diplomacy & foreign policy
- Defence & international security
- Global governance & multilateralism
- Human rights, Environment & Global Justice
Skill Enhancement & Entrepreneurship Development (3 positions)
- Technologies and policies for Drug (small and large molecules) Discovery and Development; Technologies for production and analytical characterization, and clinical trials and regulatory aspects (Bench-to-Bed).
- Genomic. Proteomic and Metabolomic technologies for human health and plant sciences.
- IPR Laws, processes, technology transfer, commercialization, defining skill gaps to create interaction between University and Industry for training, research and Innovation leading to entrepreneurship.
Nature & Duration of Support
- The Fellowship carries a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 1.00 lakh per month. The IoE will also provide the Fellows an annual research grant of up to Rs. 2.00 lakhs (Sciences) and up to Rs. 1.00 lakh (Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Management, etc.).
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of two years, which may further be extended by one or two years, subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the Fellow, evaluated by an Expert Review Committee.
- There is no provision for an official accommodation for the selected candidates.
- The Fellow may initiate a novel research project with the promising outcome or research work culminating in high-quality peer reviewed research publications/patents /prototypes, etc. or collaborate with a faculty member’s on- going research programme at the IoE/University of Delhi.
- The research proposal must establish an intellectual inquiry that can progress according to the plan she/he has outlined and also a product/patent/policy/research publication(s).
- In addition to research assignments, the fellow may have to undertake teaching/ design and execute courses and any other responsibility as assigned by the IoE.
There is a mandatory fee (non-refundable) of Rs.1000/- for each application. However, women applicants and those belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The Fellows shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the scheme as laid down in the advertisement and shall in no way be entitled to any extension of the award or benefits of any other kind than those that are part of the offer.
- The selected Fellows shall not relinquish the fellowships before two years of appointment unless in case of accepting a permanent position in this or any other institution.
- The fellowship is a full-time position, and the selected fellow shall not be allowed to pursue any other assignment/ studies.
- These are contractual positions, which may be terminated at any point of time on the ground of non-performance/ unsatisfactory performance without giving any prior notice.
- The outcome of research under this fellowship which may result in a product/patent/policy/research publication(s)/technology/knowhow or in any other form shall be the sole property of the IoE, University of Delhi.
- The Fellow shall be governed by the existing conduct and discipline rules and regulations of the University of Delhi.
- This position does not entitle the fellow for a claim for any permanent position as may be advertised by the University.
- Applicants should carefully read the requisite minimum essential qualifications, eligibility, job description, etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying for this post. Since all the applications received will be screened based on information provided by the applicant, in the application form, they must satisfy themselves of their suitability for the position applied.
- The applicant must submit a detailed curriculum vitae, in addition to the details sought in the online application form.
- An applicant can apply in more than one broad area of specialization by submitting separate applications.
- There is a mandatory fee (non-refundable) of Rs.1000/- for each application. However, women applicants and those belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The applicant must clearly mention the preference for likely mentor(s) not exceeding two, who is/are Faculty employed at the University of Delhi in its different Faculty/Departments/Centres/Schools, and who have proven publication research credentials in the area of applicant’s current and future research interests.
- If, at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that an applicant has furnished wrong or misleading information, the candidature will stand rejected without any notice.
- Mere fulfillment of minimum educational qualifications and eligibility shall not entitle an applicant to be shortlisted.
- Application once submitted cannot be altered/resubmitted and refund of application fee is not admissible in any circumstances.
- The applicants are required to apply ONLINE as displayed on the IoE website.
- All relevant educational qualifications, experience certificates, research proposal and the detailed curriculum-vitae should be submitted ONLINE.
- The number and nature of positions advertised may vary depending on the number of applications received, availability of candidates, screening criteria and recommendation of the selection committee.
- IoE/University reserves the right to reject the candidature of applicant/s without assigning any reason.
- IoE/ University reserves the right not to fill in or otherwise, any or all the advertised posts.
- IoE/University reserves the right to cancel or partially modify the advertisement at any point of time at its discretion. Corrigendum/addendum or modification, if any, would be displayed only on the IoE website and shall not be published in any Newspaper. The applicants are advised to check the IoE website http://ioe.du.ac.in regularly for updates.
- Canvassing of any kind will result in disqualification of candidature.
- Reservation policy shall be followed as per the University/GOI norms.
- Incomplete application or application without payment of fee, where applicable, will be rejected.
- The fee has to be paid online using the following link http://fee.du.ac.in/index.php/fee/fee-payment-miscellaneous/register. While making the payment under the head Fee, select the Category “Maharishi Kanad Post-doctoral Fellowship” from the drop down menu.
- The last date for receipt of applications is 23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
August 23, 2021